Made in Scotland from virgin forest thinnings, they have a moisture content of less than 10%. They produce a long, hot burn and are suitable for woodburners, multifuel stoves, open fires and fire baskets. The manufacturers calculate that the heat output of a pallet of Verdo briquettes (weighing approximately one tonne) is equivalent to 8 cubic metres of logs. Our estimate is a little more conservative but there is still no doubt that the Verdo fuel works out a good deal cheaper to burn.
Advantages of Verdo briquettes:
- Cheaper, weight for weight, than bought logs because of their higher calorific value.
- Low moisture content, normally less than 10%, so high heat output and safe for modern wood stoves.
- Extremely clean and easy to use; not heavy to handle.
- Clean-burning and minimum levels of ash, keeping yur flue and glass clean.
- Easy to store, so minimum storage space required.