When necessary, we may substitute premium mix products with equivalents. Substitutions will always be of equal or greater value, and be suitable for the purpose required.
- Dr. Heat Firelighters are made in the UK from dried chopped miscanthus grass soaked in scented candle wax waste from a candle manufacturing factory.
- Hotmax are made from the waste fines (bark and wood) left over from the manufacture of horse bedding shavings.
- Dragon’s Teeth are a clean dense square briquette made from mixed hardwoods and softwoods.
- Woodlets are made from softwood forest thinnings.
- Beech Nestro are made from fine ground pure beech sawdust generated as a by-product from furniture, floor and house frame manufacture.
- Dr. Heat Firelighters light easily and burn for about ten minutes, easily setting light to any good dry kindling. We like the fact they are a UK product and a highly effective, easy to use lighter.
- Hotmax can be used as a kindling to light or revive any fire. Being quite small they also make an ideal main fuel for small stoves under 5kw. They can be variable in density with the harder denser briquettes being best for using as a main fuel whilst the softer lighter ones are best for use as a kindling.
- Dragon’s Teeth are best used as a ‘heat sink’ in the back of your fire where they will cook away for four or five hours. I use two or three, depending on stove size, stood on their long edge in an open ‘V’ with a good firelighter in the centre of the ‘V’ and a pickle of kindling (Hotmax or Cut Pini-kay) in the centre. Place half of any other main fuel briquette across the top and you will maximise heat output and fire longevity together with minimising cost per kWh generated.
- Woodlets are dense softwood heat logs. They can easily be broken in half and used as a main fuel on any stove from about 4kw upwards.
- Beech Nestro are acclaimed by many to be the best briquette in Europe. They are made from pure beech hardwood ground to a fine particle size and densely compacted into 4 x 2.5kg briquettes per 10kg pack. They are exceptionally clean to handle, even when broken, making them popular with asthma sufferers. Burnt whole or cracked into smaller sections they generate a good flame and burn for several hours with a lovely hot glow. Truly the best main fuel briquette you will ever experience.
Premium Mix contains everything you need to run your stove, using pure wood products. The combination of briquettes generates intense heat over several hours.
None of our briquettes contain additives or chemicals. They are made from pure, untreated wood by-product and are held together by compression alone.
Calorific value: 4.8 kWh/kg
Max. ash content: 0.7%
Max. water content: <8%
Product Standard: n/a
Premium Mix Packaging
All these briquettes come in a plastic outer. Please check with your local authority for recycling facilities.
The briquetting industry uses plastic to wrap wood briquettes in order to ensure they stay dry, as damp briquettes break up and are unsuitable for burning. The environmental impact of our products is important to us, so we are constantly working with our suppliers to improve the sustainability of their packaging by using cardboard in place of plastic wherever possible.