Large Stove Mix
Our Large Stove mix is designed specifically for bigger, greedy stoves.
- Dr. Heat Firelighters are made in the UK from dried chopped miscanthus grass soaked in scented candle wax waste from a candle manufacturing factory.
- Hotmax are made from the waste fines (bark and wood) left over from the manufacture of horse bedding shavings.
- Energo Top is made from fine ground, densely compressed softwood sawdust and shavings generated from a timber product manufacturer.
- Blazers are made in Wales from softwood forest thinnings.
- Envirobrick are made in Ohio from mixed hardwood shavings generated as a by-product from the manufacturer of stairs, panels, doors and many other timber products.
- Beech Nestro are made from fine ground pure beech sawdust generated as a by-product from furniture, floor and house frame manufacture.
- Dr. Heat Firelighters light easily and burn for about ten minutes, easily setting light to any good dry kindling. We like the fact they are a UK product and a highly effective, easy to use lighter.
- Hotmax can be used as a kindling to light or revive any fire. Being quite small they also make an ideal main fuel for small stoves under 5kw. They can be variable in density with the harder denser briquettes being best for using as a main fuel whilst the softer lighter ones are best for use as a kindling.
- Energo Top are one of our favourite briquettes. They are made from highly compacted softwood with no bark and a fine particle size. They are 2.5kg each, compared to 2kg for most briquettes of this type, so should be broken into section for all but the largest stoves. They are clean to handle, light easily and burn for several hours with a good glow and an excellent flame. Being pure softwood with no bark they have an exceptionally low ash content.
- Blazers are another UK briquette made in Wales from softwood forest thinnings. They are very dense with a hole down the centre to aid combustion. They can easily be broken in half and used as a main fuel on any stove from about 4kw upwards. Their claim to fame is that they are used to power the steamboat on Coniston Water in the Lake District.
- Envirobrick are the highest quality oblong sharped briquette we have found. They are so dense you will not be able to break in half, so not best for a small stove (use RUF Oak instead). For a large stove where you need a long slow tick-over briquette, these are great. Don’t expect the wonderful flame you will get from the likes of Beech Nestro or Energo Top, but they will create a good ‘heat sink’ for you and generate low heat for many hours.
- Beech Nestro are acclaimed by many to be the best briquette in Europe. They are made from pure beech hardwood ground to a fine particle size and densely compacted into 4 x 2.5kg briquettes per 10kg pack. They are exceptionally clean to handle, even when broken, making them popular with asthma sufferers. Burnt whole or cracked into smaller sections they generate a good flame and burn for several hours with a lovely hot glow. Truly the best main fuel briquette you will ever experience.
Large Stove Mix is perfect for:
This mix is ideal for larger stoves, which can be greedy to feed. The Beech Nestro, Energo Top and Envirobrick are all large enough to fill a big stove and give good long-burning times.
None of our briquettes contain additives or chemicals. They are made from pure, untreated wood by-product and are held together by compression alone.
Calorific value: 4.8 kWh/kg
Max. ash content: 0.7%
Max. water content: <8%
Product Standard: n/a
All these briquettes come in a plastic outer. Please check with your local authority for recycling facilities.
The briquetting industry uses plastic to wrap wood briquettes in order to ensure they stay dry, as damp briquettes break up and are unsuitable for burning. The environmental impact of our products is important to us, so we are constantly working with our suppliers to improve the sustainability of their packaging by using cardboard in place of plastic wherever possible.