Sheep’s wool has a high level of nitrogen that works as a slow release fertiliser and has very good water retention. Bracken gives a high level of natural potash essential for fruiting and flowering. Also has a wide range of naturally occurring trace elements for good plant health. No other growing media has such a naturally high concentration of nutrients for improved plant size and quality.
Now with added Comfrey! – the organic gardeners best friend – a ‘dynamic accumulator’ packed with nutrients is added into the Wool Compost range. Comfrey’s ‘Bocking 14’ variety has high levels of potassium, phosphorous & nitrogen for healthy plant growth, larger flowers & bigger crops.
Can be used in borders and in gardens with lighter soils to reduce the problems of drought.
Designed for the real gardener to mix with your own compost or soil.
Ideal for growing
How to Use
- Use directly in the garden as a top dressing in the spring
- Top up your raised beds or pots – mix well with spent compost or soil
- Mix your own potting medium
- For fully rooted plants use a ratio of 1 part Wool Compost double strength : 1 part soil or compost from your own garden
- For younger plants use a ratio of 1 part Wool Compost double strength : 2 parts soil or compost from your own garden
- NOT suitable to sow seeds or grow small seedlings
- Does not require the addition of fertilizers or plant feed