We want your delivery to go smoothly, so our standard delivery includes:
- Delivery inclusive to all mainland UK addresses
- Your choice of delivery day (Mon-Fri)
- Full online tracking service and text updates (When we dispatch your pallet to you, we will include your tracking number)
- Two hour delivery window (Texted to your mobile on your chosen delivery day)
- Delivery to the nearest accessible level hard-standing
- Pallet deliveries are made to kerbside.
- Delivery vehicles are not able to access driveways due to insurance restrictions. A heavy lorry can cause damage to block paving, grass verges etc and Palletways won’t risk this by manoeuvring into your driveway.
- Neither Palletways nor the Wood Fuel Co-operative can accept liability for any damage to private property that occurs in the course of a delivery. If you allow the delivery vehicle to access your private property, it is at your own risk.
- For standard town/suburban addresses, this means the driver will pull along side the property and then use a manual pump truck to place the pallet in a safe position on the kerbside.
- For rural addresses, this may mean the pallet needs to be left at the end of your driveway, or in another suitable place.
Note: Price shown is per pallet
All pallet prices are inclusive of delivery to any UK mainland address.
Why does it cost more to offshore islands and Northern Ireland?
Pallet delivery companies charge us per pallet sent. The amount they charge depends on where in the country we send a pallet. The difference between areas can vary hugely.
All orders to the UK mainland include delivery – so no extra charges. For areas where the delivery companies charge a lot more, (all offshore islands) we have added an additional charge that just covers this.
Pallet Orders are delivered by our partner couriers, Palletways, not our own drivers.
Your goods are delivered on a pallet, the footprint of which is usually approximately 1.2m x 1m. The height of the pallet depends on the products you’ve ordered but may be up to two metres high.
The maximum weight of a pallet is 1000kg.
Our pallet courier will normally deliver your order on an 18 tonne lorry with a tail lift. This means the kerbside of your property must be accessible to a large vehicle. If a bin lorry can access the road then an 18 tonne lorry should be able to as well but it will be up to the driver to determine this. As a guide, please check the measurements given on this page.
The driver may not be able to access your road if there are:
- low overhead lines or low hanging branches
- low bridges or bridges with weight limits
- narrow access roads
If you think that an 18 tonne lorry or larger will not be able to access your road, please request a 7.5 tonne lorry when placing your order. 7.5t is the smallest vehicle we can request.
If Palletways are unable to deliver to the kerbside of your property, for example because of access restrictions which mean a 7.5t vehicle will not be able to get to the property’s kerbside, we will need to put special delivery arrangements in place . These arrangements may incur additional charges, for which you, the customer, are responsible. If you think you may need alternative arrangements please let us know prior to ordering so we can get a quote for you.
No. The driver is contracted to deliver to the kerbside only, so it’s up to the individual driver if he/she is able or willing to wheel the pallet closer to where you would like it.
The drivers are on a tight schedule and won’t always have the time to spend wheeling the pallet long distances, onto driveways or into garages etc. Pallets are also very heavy and the driver will not be able to wheel a tonne of wood fuel on anything other than flat, level concrete or tarmac. It isn’t possible to move pallets on gravel, grass, cobbles or slopes.
No. The driver is contracted to deliver the pallet to the kerbside only. They will not be able to help you unpack the pallet and put the briquettes away as they are on a tight schedule.
If you’re worried about being able to unload the packs yourself, you may want to arrange for a friend or relative to be there to help you.
If your delivery doesn’t go according to plan because of access restrictions to your property, and you have not told us about this when ordering, the haulier will recharge for a second delivery. Any additional costs will be charged to you, so please make sure you are happy that a large vehicle can access your premises and that you understand delivery is kerbside only.
For palletised deliveries, standard delivery usually takes two working days from dispatch. Remote areas may take longer but we will email you to confirm your delivery day. If you require delivery on a specific day, please let us know this when ordering.
For example, at most times of the year, an order received by us by 12pm Monday will arrive with you on Wednesday. Orders received after 12pm Monday will arrive on Thursday.
During very busy periods, such as November and December, it may take us a little longer to dispatch your pallet but we will always keep you informed of delivery times.
Pallet orders are delivered between 9am-5pm on the day of your choice. If you’ve provided a mobile phone number, you will receive a text message giving you a two hour window. Someone will need to be at the delivery address during these hours to receive the pallet.
When your order is dispatched from us, we will provide you with tracking information so you can keep an eye on the progress of your pallet through Palletways.
On the day of delivery, Palletways will normally text you with a two hour delivery window, so you can plan your day.
The time you receive your text will depend on whether your pallet is on a morning or afternoon delivery run. If you haven’t received an update by late morning, it’s likely your pallet will be on a later delivery run.
As soon as your pallet is scanned onto a delivery vehicle you will be able to see that it is out for delivery on the Palletways website. You should receive an ETA not long after this.
Additional delivery services (pallet orders only):
Please book these through the office on 01387 731 210
- Morning Delivery
- Timed (Arrange a specific time between 10am-5pm)
- Saturday Delivery